Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour 1Peter 5:8

So, this is my second attempt at a blog; originally I started the latte diaries blog, but kind of lost site if the goal for the blog, so I thought I could get a fresh start by blogging about something that I love to do, read. At this point in my life I average about 2 books a week depending on the length of the book and my interest in reading it. Case in point, I love the Song for fire and ice series and it usually takes me about a month to finish one of the books, Mr. Martin is a very detailed writer who writes complex characters that I need to savour and marinate on. However, a book like Owner of his heart by Theodora Taylor takes me about a week, I savour these characters and marinate on them as well, but the story is not as intricate and I usually use the notes function on my Kindle Fire to save passages that I want to review later. Why BookDevour? The name actually came from my hubby who proudly declared that I was a ferocious reader to one of his friends; that made me think of one of my favorite quotes from the bible, 1Peter 5:8 "Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." I have always thought that a poignant, yet scary image, so it kind of stayed with me. When my ferocious reading appetite got to the point that I was was reading three or four books a week I thought that it was time to harness my great and powerful gift (great power=great responsibility) and start reviewing books so that other Kindle users would know my opinion before they bought the book, since I usually read the reviews before purchasing. Then I thought, why not create a site dedicated to many things book? Give my reviews some web cred, so here I am. I would love to hear your opinion of any book that I review or read in any suggestions you have on what I should read next; I'm always prowling around looking for more books!

-Thanks, M  

1 comment:

  1. Saw your post on FB and liked your recommendations so had to come check you out,like your reviews, truly unique.
    Marcia T

    ReplyDelete