Friday, November 15, 2013

I had to crack open a bottle of red for this book.........


50 shades of Jungle fever: the Ghetto Girl Erotica Trilogy by LV Lewis




I laughed out loud after the first page. Was engrossed after the first chapter and was writing love letters to the author by the third. Truthfully, I wasn’t even half way done before I was asking about when the
next book comes out, I was completely obsessed. And I had hesitated at reading this book, I was not a fan of “50 shades by E L James.” You can read my review and leave comments, but the book was a DNF, so I was not really sure about this book. However, after a few facebook ads and actually reading the synopsis and finding out that this is a parody I discovered that while the names are similar, this story unique and genuine.

The good:

There are so many really great things about this book, so I will stick to my favorites:

The fairies- their antics made me laugh and cry. I was completely on their side the whole time.

Matt Barr as Tristan
Tristan. Yes please! He is the ultimate alpha male and I LOVE HIM.

Heather Hemmons my Keisha
Keisha was me and not me all at once, this character is so "real" that you can't help but to fall in love with her level-headed dissent into the kinky world of BDSM. She is strong and feminine without any of those annoying habits that so many heroines in the romance genre have.

The witty banter between the characters
Matt Barr and Heather Hemmons as Tristan and Keisha



Favorite line:
I feel a soft caress trace my torso. "Penny for your thoughts," Tristan says. "C'mon, they're way more expensive than that." pg 219

"You were doing well for a beginner if we discount the odd moments when you were whacking me like you were trying to chop vegetables on a cutting board." "I'm a girl. We always resort to flailing during fighting, didn't you know this?"
The bad:

That this book had to end.

Overall:
I am in love with Ms. Lewis; head over heels, bent over in awkward positions love.

Please leave a comment!

Read this book and get it from Amazon, B&N, or goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment