Wednesday, July 10, 2013

It was a wrong number, excuse the ring!




You called me (The Blakemore series) by Cora blue

There were many things that I liked about this book and many more things that I did not.

Good:

There are several really good lines in this book, laughing out loud funny; not so much the banter between our couple, but with her young aunt and her best friend; they were relatable, so I enjoyed those characters. As a dog person I love it when a writer makes a pet a character! They have personalities of their own and deserve to be used more often. Our heroine has an interesting job, I'm over our shero being a lawyer or young clothing designer snoring! A financial expert sounds fascinating especially since I hate, but respect math. This book features an excellent antagonist/hater/ bad girl. Ooh I love to hate loud mouth meanies and can't wait for them to get their comeuppance.

Bad: 

there are no complaints that couldn't be solved by a good Beta reader, but:
Continuity one minute they're eating curry, the next it's linguini and sometimes I had no idea who was talking or what they were doing

Grammar

I can't even remember her name, she was a little bland and too perfect for my tastes. Give her some sass!

I'm just saying:

I found it hard to understand why she kept insisting that Jonathan who she thinks is Irish mafia (how she came up with that I don't know why she came up with this) had to tell her his life story, but she didn't tell him her whole family situation $$$spoiler$$ her mother is deceased and she was raised by an aunt and uncle, that is BIG. Yet she holds that back and annoys him and us trying to get him to open up and tell all his secrets. 

Review this book for yourself, Amazon, B&N, sorry, but I couldn't find this on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment