Monday, November 25, 2013

Quick 5 with LV Lewis.....

I am so excited to share this interview with you! L.V. Lewis is the author of "The Ghetto Girl Romance Quadrilogy" which I am OBSESSED with.  A married parent of four residing in South Georgia, Lewis loves romances that involve interracial couples because L. V. envisions a world when it won't matter to anyone else who you love because, despite the civil rights movement and a biracial US President, we aren't there yet.


L. V. and spouse are political junkies. One leans right, the other left. Thankfully, this has never caused any issues in their relationship. If Lewis told you which of them was Democrat and which was Republican, you just might be able to figure out which is Dominant and which is submissive. 

MB: Favorite character of your creation?

LVL: Clara Lee Beale is my favorite character because she's very complex. She is the only character whose voice I heard very clearly in my head and she sounds very much like the actress Jenifer Lewis when she talks. Clara was in an interracial relationship long before her daughter and I believe she understood the difficulties her daughter could reasonably face with a man like Tristan more than the average person gives her credit for. I love how she's a prickly woman who doesn't surround herself with a lot of people or foolishness.


MB: Favorite George RR character?
LVL: It's a three-way tie, I love Tyrion, the gimp, because as a little person he was mistreated by family as well as other people, but he realized early on, despite his penchant for loose women, wine and his tendency to over-imbibe, he needed to educate himself because his life would be hard even though he was the son of the lion of the Lannister household. I think it's Tywin's treatment of him that made him such a sympathetic character for me (and the fact that he realized what a treacherous bitch his sister was before anyone else.)

Tei Iku's Jon Snow &  Ghost
Jon Snow is a favorite, because he's another character who was ill-treated because of the circumstances of his parentage (or what people believe his parentage is). I rooted for him early on, because I hated how his stepmother treated him, and how he felt forced to take the Black because that was the only honorable future he could see for himself. Winter is indeed coming! (I will always be a Winterfell girl.)

My final fave is Arya Stark. This brave little girl was always smarter than her elder sister. She's remained resilient after having to witness the death of her father, then traveling across a war-torn Westeros trying to get back home to her family, which is scattered to the four winds, and she doesn't know this until she gets to camp after camp and her reunion with them is thwarted at every turn.

I hope you know I had a hard time narrowing this down to three because I have love for the most changed character in the series, Jaime Lannister and for his friend the giant female knight (Brienne of Tarth), and for the young Dragon Queen, as well. However, I stand with my three-way tie for now.

MB: I love Jamie and Brienne as well! Tyrion is my favorite character, he never lets his disability define him.

MB: You drink haterade (or they make you want to write better) when you read?
LVL: Toni Morrison. That sister has an amazing body of work that has been my mainstay for years. My aspiration is to write mainstream literary fiction that will appeal to a wide variety of people. I think Ms. Morrison does this, so she does make me want to write better when I read her work.

MB: Do you practice the moves of your love scenes before you write them?
LVL: Actually, I do not because my characters do some very kinky things, but I will admit to engaging to make my description of sensory detail more authentic. LOL

MB: Not ashamed to say that reading Exit Strategy gave me some fun ideas to share with Hubby!

MB: Earth wind and fire or parliament funk?
LVL: Both. Sometimes, my writing is mellow and orchestral, like the elements, and other times I have to make my funk the P-Funk, because I have to get funked up. So, it really just depends on my mood and the vibe I'm going for.

Thanks LV!

To learn more about LV LEWis, visit her blog lvlewis.com

Click any of the hotlinks to learn more about the subject.

Read LV's books! Get them from Amazon, B&N, or another fine retailer.

Did you enjoy this post? Leave a comment or SUBSCRIBE!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the interview with LV Lewis. I've read and enjoyed Fifty Shades of Jungle Fever and Exit Strategy. I love the humor, sexiness, and bdsm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So i'm totally going to stalk here like I do since I've gotten wind of L.V's work. A lot of people when they find a good novel they sprout off text book responses of flattery but I won't. LV gave it to us real in the book, and i'll do the same as her GGG and be real as well. LV is an Utterly Phenomenal Author. I haven't had a hard time putting a book down since I got wind of the BDB Novels, and even then I didn't consume a book like I am LV's. She's going to think i'm a stalker, but I flove her writing like a fairy hoochie mama loves Tristian's play dates lololol. I loved the author's personality in this interview, this interview is pretty awesomesauce!

    ReplyDelete