Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Looking for good reads? Here are a few of my favorite writers and why I love them.



Sara Reinke:  http://www.sarareinke.com/

Brethren series 


Why I love her: Her character Lena is an action heroine. A no nonsense cop with a romantic heart who finds a good man and doesn't fight him. 


Favorite character:If I were in a fight I'd want Lena at my back cause this is one bad mama mama! 

 



Theodora Taylor: 

50 loving states  


Why I love her: Hot romantic leads, beyond average female leads, and stories that jump up and out of the page and into my mind.


Favorite character: Their are two, Fenris and Nathan. Both can be described in two words; Yes please! 

 

Pepper Pace: 

Everything she writes. Check out her goodreads page. Crash, Juicy, and Stranded.




Why I love her: for me she is up their with AnneRice and Stephen King, but a little better because she made this non-girl girl (I don't care for flowers or chocolates or sonnets. I loathe the Bronte sisters and went to a football game to celebrate my one yearaversary) she introduced me to homeless characters, heroes with disabilities and made sex symbols out of physical deformities. Yes she gets points for being a fellow Ohioan, but more points for teaching me to enjoy reading 'real' people.  




Favorite Book: I like all of the books of her urban vampire series, but Wheels of steel is the absolute best. I've never met anyone with M.S. and was probably one of the bigots that stared and glared when
someone drooling or head lolling passed me by in their wheel chair. Maybe I felt pity and thanked God it wasn't me. But, now I have a glimpse inside a person who's body won't act right, but their brain is functioning perfectly. I don't hold pity, but say "hi" to a person making their way the best way they can just like me.


Dicey Grenor: http://diceygrenorbooks.com

 The narcoleptic vampire series 


Why I love her: Fearless. Unapologetic. Awesome! Seriously, who else would write a narcoleptic vampire with a Viking for a maker/husband/master? She dumps the controlling Adonis for a super hot boyfriend with multiple personalities disorder. Oh. And, this heroine tricks, fights, and loves her way to becoming a mistress of her own fate. 




Favorite character: There are so many that I love, but I'm going to with Zeek; she is just so unique in a bookshelf full of the same tired characters. She is strong, brave, and sexy without even trying. Check out my review of Zeek's loving Thorn.


George R.R. Martin: http://www.georgerrmartin.com/

Everything he writes is good. View a list of his works. Or, check out some Non S4F&I books here!


Why I love him: I can't. Just can't explain to you how awesome a writer he is. The skin trade is one of the best werewolf books ever written. No, I didn't just declare that. It was declared back when I was still reading about the Berenstain bears! 

I'm jus sayin; I get all fangirl and get mad and happy with excitement when I discuss S4F&I. To keep myself from pulling an all nighter singing his praises I will simply say, "Who the h-e-double hockey sticks is Jon's mother. I need to know!" 

Favorite character: Tyrion Lannister. Witty, wobbly, and fiercely intelligent Tyrion is a point of view character playing the game in all the right and wrong ways. Often surprising the other players and the reader with just how fundamental reading and a handi-capable attitude really is.
Kim Harrison, dark urban fantasy author of the New York Times bestselling The Outlaw Demon Wails, was born and raised in the upper Midwest. After gaining her bachelors in the sciences, she moved to South Carolina, where she has remained since. When not at her desk, she is most likely to be found chasing down good chocolate, exquisite sushi, or the ultimate dog chew--for her dogs. (blurb curtsey of goodreads)

Why I love her: She writes in colors, senses, and music to describe her star characters experiences. Rachel Morgan is a bad witch, pack member and huntswomen. 



My favorite character: Trent Kalamack (Previous book boyfriend. Read why). Love. Hate. Want to date. He is a baddy, once keeping Rachel in mink form ( she turned herself into the rodent so she could break into his facilities and prove that he was making an illegal drug) in a cage in his office. He went so far as to put her in underground rat fights. So wrong. But, she gets him back when she makes him her familiar, which is literally making him her slave. His moral code has nothing to do with laws; his goal  is any means necessary. Oh. And so you know, Trent is no Nino Brown manufacturing crack, he’s making brimstone, a drug administered by Doctors to ease pain and increase healing. Trent offers terminally ill children a chance to live without pain or suffering.

Honorable mentions:



Mya: A guardians desire- read my review.








Why I love her: This was the first book that I read featuring a true alpha female. When I say true I mean, my heroine remained tough as nails in submitting and after. Freya makes strong sexy, muscles in all. Just ask her mates Rayne & Fenris. 


Favorite character: Rayne. Sweet pretty rain made me want my own pretty girly-boy to call my own; strong enough to win a fight against bigger stronger wolves, yet submissive enough to let me pull him into an alcove to have my way with him.



Jaime Reed: visit her site here!
The cambion chronicles 



Why I love her: Her herione's common sense attitude are similar to my own. We both like to read drama cause we refuse to live it. Of course I don't have a succubus living inside me or two mates, so it's a little easier for me. 


Angela Brown: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6476148.Angela_Brown
N.E.O.  Atone & Neverlove


Why I love her: This is a woman with imagination and world building skills that reach the atmosphere they are so big. I have read all of her NEO series and can't wait to read more 

Favorite character: I get lady bonkers for bad guys and this author gives me fits! "Q" you meanie, I heart you

No comments:

Post a Comment